About the Role
Applications close: Thursday 27th January 2022, 5pm
We are looking to recruit a Before School Checks Coordinator who is passionate about tamariki health to coordinate the Before Schools Check (B4SC) service that operates within the Whanganui District Health Board rohe. If you are a flexible registered tapuhi (nurse) with excellent communication skills, who is ready to embark on a new challenge or would be keen to move into service coordination, then this is the job for you.
As the Before School Check Coordinator, you will review, promote, and coordinate the service in our rohe as well as:
- Enjoy the challenge of delivering a service to four years old tamariki and their whānau with a range of clinical and social needs.
- Work closely with general practice teams to promote, coordinate, and audit the B4SC.
- Be a culturally aware and competent kaimahi.
- Have the ability to work effectively within the WRHN Multi-Disciplinary Team, with general practice teams, and external health, education and social service providers.
- Be committed to ongoing professional and cultural development; and
- Be committed to delivering care in line with best-practice standards within a continuous quality improvement framework.
As kaimahi of our busy dynamic team, you will be required to deliver a high-quality service to whānau in a culturally appropriate manner which will align with our organisation values and responsibilities under Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
The service aims to provide the eighth well-child check to whānau who face barriers to accessing and achieving good health outcomes; thus addressing health inequities for tamariki and their whānau.
For more information download the position description or click to make application.